Start a new topic
Answered

Temp Accounts default "Expires"

Good Morning

I'm currently setting up a CrushFTP v7.3.0_95 server.

I'm almost done and so far found every setting on google or the forums.

The last thing I can't find is the defaults for the "Create new account" window when manually adding Temp accounts.

By default, the "Expires" date is 30 days into the future. I would like to default this to 3 days.

By default, "Allow Uploads?" is unchecked. I would like this to be checked by default.

Can anyone help me out here please?

Thanks,

Fredy

Best Answer

Adding via the WebInterface is how its intended to be used.  We may remove that add button on the Share admin.  Its really only meant for managing existing shares, possibly tweaking one, removing, recreating the same one, etc.  Actions like that.  Its not meant for adding shares in general.

Shares are for the WebInterface an actions an end user takes, or you as an admin take.  You can default every aspect about that share creation process, all defaults, etc.  Every checkbox and every other value can be defaulted, all items are in that customization list.

New folder, right click share, or quick share.  That is quicker and easier then the Share admin tab...and it can be delegated out to a non admin.

You don't ever manually add temp accounts.  If your doing that, something is wrong...we allow for that, but it really should never eve be used.  They should always be done by a right click, share action in the WebInterface.

You can control the default expiration days in the User Manager, WebInterface section, customizations list for this.

Thanks,

Ben

I saw that I can customize the "Sharing Files" window in the Webinterface section. However, I could not find how to default grant the upload permission in this window.

What's so bad about adding them manually? Because I found this the easier way to achieve your goal than creating a folder first to share it.

Basically, what we want is an easy way to create temporary logins (3 days) with generated username/password that have Upload and Download rights to a corresponding temporary folder.

It is not required to share existing files, it's more a filetransfer service and the files will be uploaded after the user has been created.

I'm open for suggestions, if you have a better idea :-)

Fredy

Answer

Adding via the WebInterface is how its intended to be used.  We may remove that add button on the Share admin.  Its really only meant for managing existing shares, possibly tweaking one, removing, recreating the same one, etc.  Actions like that.  Its not meant for adding shares in general.

Shares are for the WebInterface an actions an end user takes, or you as an admin take.  You can default every aspect about that share creation process, all defaults, etc.  Every checkbox and every other value can be defaulted, all items are in that customization list.

New folder, right click share, or quick share.  That is quicker and easier then the Share admin tab...and it can be delegated out to a non admin.

Ok, I got it now.

"Share Window : Default Share Permissions on full access" does what I need.

then I also set "Share Window : Default Share to Allow Full Access : true".
Then just hide the unneeded fields as required and I got what I wanted.

The documentation is a bit confusion about this option. Thanks for pointing to right direction.

Login to post a comment