Start a new topic

MiniURL Expiry date

Admin -> User Manager

Select a user on left hand side and navigate in "Users Stuff" to view the users files.

If you right mouse click on a file, there is the option to create a MiniURL to this file.

What would make this perfect, would if the expiry date dialog was available here and "Copy to Clipboard", so that Preferences -> Web Interface - MiniURLs is not required to complete the process.

Thanks,

Richard

Hi Richard,

Please update your CrushFTP and check. It will allow you to set expiration date-time and copy generated URL to clipboard.

Reply here if any problem.

Thanks,

Vipul

Hi Vipul,

I am running the latest Linux version.

Perhaps I did not make myself clear. There are two ways of setting a MiniURL: from "Preferences -> Web Interface - MiniURLs", which does allow setting an expiry date.

The second, which suits us best, is from "Admin -> User Manager", selecting a user account and right mouse clicking on a users file, which does not offer to set an expiry, but would be perfect if it did.

Thanks,

Richard

Hi Richard,

To set expiry is added on the user items as you suggested, please update your CrushFTP to see the changes.

---

You need to update your CrushFTP 7 build to the latest.

You can do that by going to Admin>>ServerAdmin>>About tab click on the UpdateNow button.

The check for update only checks the major version number, and not the _build numbers. So ignore it when it says you are up to date.

---

Let me know if any problem.

Thanks,

Vipul

The "latest" changes the moment we say update.  If we ask you to update its because we made a change.  We made changes to specifically address your desire on how miniURL worked because we thought it was a good simple addition to add.  So its there now, as soon as you update.

Thanks,

Ben

Thanks for the incredibly prompt response to this, it will make life much easier for our admins.

Regards,

Richard

Login to post a comment