Start a new topic
Answered

Getting started with new LDAP users

Hi there.  I am just getting started by testing CrushFTP here at work.  Our end goal is to allow users to sign on to CrushFTP by using their AD logon credentials. 

I have used the CrushLDAPGroup Plugin to set up my credentials and I can successfully test my connection strings against the LDAP server.  However, I am not really sure what to do from here.  I'd like to import my users from AD into the user manager of CrushFTP, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it.  Is this an option?  If not, how do I start adding my AD users into CrushFTP? 

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Best Answer

The User Manager will not hold your users from AD.  Logins are processed virtually.  When a user goes to login, it takes the config and rules you defined and allows them to login using that info.  But you won't see the user in the User Manager.

So if the plugin is configured, and you set a location to use for home folders int he plugin, you're ready to start logging in now.

Thanks,

Ben

1 Comment

Answer

The User Manager will not hold your users from AD.  Logins are processed virtually.  When a user goes to login, it takes the config and rules you defined and allows them to login using that info.  But you won't see the user in the User Manager.

So if the plugin is configured, and you set a location to use for home folders int he plugin, you're ready to start logging in now.

Thanks,

Ben

Login to post a comment