Start a new topic
Answered

A few functionality questions regarding sharing

Hi,

I'm currently using a trial of Clutch FTP as a possible alternative to Rumpus, and have a few questions regarding the sharing functionality.

I've figured out in user manager how to get sharing to work about 75% of the way I want it to work, but have a few questions to help me getting it work closer to what I'm looking for.

I have the "from" address defaulting to the user's email address using %user_email%, but don't want the user to actually be able to change this.  Is there a way to either hide this field or make it read-only like I can with subject or body?

I see I can hide the "Direct link to file" checkbox, but doing so seems to default this to "false", is there a way to hide this checkbox and have it default to "true"?

I see I can hide the "Attach Files" checkbox, but doing so seems to default this option to "true", is there a way to hide this checkbox and have it default to "false"?

I see I can configure a share download notification.  I'd like to set this up to notify the sharing user when a file they've shared is downloaded.  I tried setting the "To:" filed to %user_email%, but that didn't seem to work. I'd prefer to set this option in a default user rather than for each individual user as I will have a large number of users that will need this functionality.  Am I just using it incorrectly, or is there another way to do this?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Best Answer

Hi Nate.

The User Manager, WebInterface section, customizations list has more items.  Filter on 'share' and you will find the items to both hide, and default the values your looking for on those checkboxes and fields.

For the notifications, the variable your looking for is "%user_emailFrom%" and possibly "%user_emailTo%" to reference the original share entries when the share was made in the new notification.

Thanks,

Ben

1 Comment

Answer

Hi Nate.

The User Manager, WebInterface section, customizations list has more items.  Filter on 'share' and you will find the items to both hide, and default the values your looking for on those checkboxes and fields.

For the notifications, the variable your looking for is "%user_emailFrom%" and possibly "%user_emailTo%" to reference the original share entries when the share was made in the new notification.

Thanks,

Ben

Login to post a comment