Start a new topic
Answered

When downloading from Basket with Advanced Download... the directory recreates on local hard drive!

Is there anyway to deactivate this feature and or a java way of doing things?

If you had ITEMS in the BASKET and click on the ADVANCED DOWNLOAD, the infrastructure is RECREATED on the local hard drive. This is weird.  Aren't the files are suppose to be located in the folder you have picked!

Thanx. Regards

Best Answer

You downloaded two items.  But they didn't share a common path...so their path was replicated to the point where they were from.  This is actually intentional and the way we expected it to behave.  If you did one item, you would have just that one item. But since you did multiple, it kept the same paths or you might have "file.txt" downloaded from two separate folders that would be getting overwritten...

So this is correct.

Thanks,

Ben

Hi, Richard.

Can you send us screenshots of what you mean, what you understand by that and what you are getting?

Thanks,

Arpad.

Hello Arpad,

Well, at my understanding is when you usually download from any HTTP web site and or FTP, on my LOCAL hard drive C:\TEMP\DATA by example, I am in wait to see my files/folder in the root of C:\TEMP\DATA.

With CrushFTPWi, it recreates the DIRECTORY TREE into the folder where you want your files.  Take a look at the underlined. This was added after my download

C:\Temp\Data\Films\Nouveautes\Fury.2014.FRENCH.BRRip.XviD.AC3-DesTroY

C:\Temp\Data\Series\Series.en.Prod\19-2.S01.FRENCH.DVDRiP.XViD-ENjOi

It's hard to explain, the both of my folders called Fury.2014.FRENCH.BRRip.XviD.AC3-DesTroY and 19-2.S01.FRENCH.DVDRiP.XViD-ENjOi are supposed to be in the root of c:\temp\data.

I'm I wrong?

Thanx. Regards.

Thanx. Regards.

Thanx. Regards.

jpg
(29.2 KB)
Answer

You downloaded two items.  But they didn't share a common path...so their path was replicated to the point where they were from.  This is actually intentional and the way we expected it to behave.  If you did one item, you would have just that one item. But since you did multiple, it kept the same paths or you might have "file.txt" downloaded from two separate folders that would be getting overwritten...

So this is correct.

Thanks,

Ben

Hello Ben,

Thanx for the explanation.  I will try to go ahead and explain this to my members.

Cheers.

Login to post a comment