Start a new topic
Answered

Can't login with FileZilla

craigburke @ 04/02/2015 16:01:30

Hello,

I was running 7.1 and wasn't able to access ftp via FileZilla or IE. I updated to 7.2 with no change. I can login with SFTP on port 22 with FileZilla and have no problem logging in with the web interface.
When trying to login with FileZilla on port 21 I get the following message.

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Command: USER XXXadmin
Response: 331 Password required for XXXadmin
Command: PASS ********
Response: 530 Login or password incorrect!
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server

This is resolving inside our network, so it isn't a firewall issue. Also, the password/login are correct. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the "Insecure server, it does not support FTP over TLS, however within the Admin->Preferences->IP / Servers for the FTP connection I have Explicit SSLv3, Explicit TLSv1 and Require data channel to be secure checked.

Thanks for any help.

Best Answer

spinkb04/02/2015 17:30:35

This isn't CrushFTP your attempting to login to...

If it were, the 331 welcome message would read:

331 Username OK. Need password.

So telnet to port 21...what server header greets you? Its something else running that was installed or pro 21 is being forwarded to the wrong place in your network...

Did you check the CrushFTP log to see if its logging the connection attempt your making?

Thanks,
Ben

Answer

spinkb04/02/2015 17:30:35

This isn't CrushFTP your attempting to login to...

If it were, the 331 welcome message would read:

331 Username OK. Need password.

So telnet to port 21...what server header greets you? Its something else running that was installed or pro 21 is being forwarded to the wrong place in your network...

Did you check the CrushFTP log to see if its logging the connection attempt your making?

Thanks,
Ben

craigburke05/02/2015 09:23:35

Thanks spinkb, you were correct.

I looked at the task manager and someone had started a Filezilla FTP server process which was accepting all of the FTP requests on port 21. After ending that task it worked as expected. 

Login to post a comment