Start a new topic
Answered

VFS Linking doesn't update after changing a User Name - Bug?

quebecman @ Fri Feb 06 16:58:04 EET 2015
Hello,

As the title says, after changing manually a user name that was already created, the VFS LINKING doesn't update. In other terms, it gets orphans in the VFS LINKING list.

Would this need a PLUGIN to RUN or something like it?

Thanx. Regards.

Best Answer

I spent time trying to follow what you are saying and trying to replicate.

Please provide screenshots explaining this as I can't follow your description of how to replicate this.

I made user1, added a folder in its VFS, saved.

I made user2, added a folder in its VFS, saved.  I then linked user1's VFS into user2.  Saved.

I then duplicated user2.  No issue with user3, everything duplicated.

I then renamed user1 to be user11, now user2 and user3 are pointing to a dead VFS item.  They both have VFS issues when logging in, but that is easily fixed in the User Manager.  Its like you set programs to use a D drive in your machine, then suddenly removed the drive, and logged in...your going to have issues since you just removed a drive things expected to exist.

So I can't replicate this.  Please provide more screenshots as just following your directions on the issue is a little hard to know what you intended in everything.

Sorry,

Ben

1 person has this question

spinkb @ Fri Feb 06 19:35:55 EET 2015
Confirmed...we will fix the error, but we can't fix tracking what the username being changed was.

Thanks,
Ben
quebecman @ Fri Feb 06 19:59:31 EET 2015
Hello,

Hmmmmmm... I am not shure if we are taking about the same issue here, but here something strange that I have found:

Once a VFS link is added to an already existing account, it doesn't show in the USERMANAGER but if I create a new user by duplicating a "usertemplate" it does update the new user.

Thanx. Regards.

spinkb @ Sat Feb 07 06:47:15 EET 2015
Can you explain this more? I'm not following this...

Is this related to the orphaning or not?

Thanks,
Ben
quebecman @ Sat Feb 07 08:34:32 EET 2015
Hello,

It's not related to the ORPHA, it's ANOTHER BUG report. Here are the step on how to reproduce the issue:

Create 2 user one called test and one called test 2

- Add any VFS to TEST.
Create a VFS link to TEST2.

The issue that i see is that you don't see the VFS Folder under test 2 but...

Now, create a TEST3 by DUPLICATING TEST. You will see that TEST 3 as the VFS LINK.

The VFS link doesn't seems to properly propagate to already existing users. It's impossible for an admin to see what the users will see in it's webinterface.

I have sent you 2 snapshots at suppor

Thanx. Regards.
Solyom84 @ Mon Feb 09 19:01:14 EET 2015
[quote=quebecman]Hello,

As the title says, after changing manually a user name that was already created, the VFS LINKING doesn't update. In other terms, it gets orphans in the VFS LINKING list.

Would this need a PLUGIN to RUN or something like it?

Thanx. Regards.[/quote]

Hi, quebecman.

Is this still an issue after I logged in and created the proper VFS structure?
I guess you had some VFS's pointing to the same folder not allowing any change, as they tried multiple write.
With a proper VFS I could not replicate it anymore.

Let us know.

Thanks,
Arpad.
quebecman @ Mon Feb 09 19:52:39 EET 2015
Hello Solyom84,

You can go ahead and close this thread. I was explain by one of your support persone the right way of creating VFS. This as lead to creating a USER that had the SAME NAME as the GROUP. In other terms, all the users that I was putting in the GROUP are heriting the CONFIG.

In other terms, instead of working with tons of VFS LINK, I did created only 1 for 100 members.

Thanx for the follow up
Regards.

Hello,

I would like to confirm this bug is not fixed and should be put on the tasklist.  It doesn't affect the production but when a USER was RENAMED and or DELETED, it's impossible to REMOVE the VFS that LINKS to it!

The only workaround is to not DELETE and or RENAME a user that is VFS LINKED.

Thanx. Regards.

Answer

I spent time trying to follow what you are saying and trying to replicate.

Please provide screenshots explaining this as I can't follow your description of how to replicate this.

I made user1, added a folder in its VFS, saved.

I made user2, added a folder in its VFS, saved.  I then linked user1's VFS into user2.  Saved.

I then duplicated user2.  No issue with user3, everything duplicated.

I then renamed user1 to be user11, now user2 and user3 are pointing to a dead VFS item.  They both have VFS issues when logging in, but that is easily fixed in the User Manager.  Its like you set programs to use a D drive in your machine, then suddenly removed the drive, and logged in...your going to have issues since you just removed a drive things expected to exist.

So I can't replicate this.  Please provide more screenshots as just following your directions on the issue is a little hard to know what you intended in everything.

Sorry,

Ben

Login to post a comment