Start a new topic

notification on share file download

jozef @ Tue Sep 02 04:13:14 EEST 2014
Hi,

is it somehow possible to get email notification that the shared file was downloaded?
Does this needs to be configured as a job/event or is there is possibility to do it directly from share window?

Thank You in advance
Jozef

spinkb @ Sat Sep 06 01:32:17 EEST 2014
I'm sorry, I'm not sure how we forgot to reply here.

7.1.0_120+ has the ability to do what your asking now. In the user who is doing shares, add an event. There is a section in the event to trigger when users they share with do the following actions:......

Use that to add an event for when a "share" downloads the item.

Thanks,
Ben
jozef @ Mon Sep 08 03:27:03 EEST 2014
Thanks for reply.
I tried to set this for our template user we use in ldap plugin, but when I set in "To" filed %user_email% variable I get error javax.mail.internet.AddressException: Illegal address in string ``''
The point is, I do not want the notifications to be sent to one address but to the creator of the share.

Thanks for Your help
Jozef

edit: Taking it back. the problem was in the field "From" that it was not accepting %user_emai%, field To accepted it without any issue.

Thanks again
Jozef
spinkb @ Mon Sep 08 03:36:20 EEST 2014
Use:

%user_emailFrom%

This comes from the info.xml file in the share account info.

%user_emailTo% is possible as well, but unlikely you want to notified the recipient...

Thanks,
Ben
jozef @ Mon Sep 08 09:33:57 EEST 2014
Hi again,

I do not know if I'm doing anything wrong, but I set everything in Event as it should be (I guess):
Send Mail
when a share this User creates has this activity: downloads
always do the events
immediately
To: %user_email%

I press send test message: I get test message.

I share something, someone downloads - I do not get notification email.
I checked the logs - no error in there.

Please help

Thank You
Jozef
spinkb @ Mon Sep 08 12:43:23 EEST 2014
Set the to: to be %user_emailFrom% variable.

Then test a new share.

Thanks,
Ben
Karolis @ Tue Sep 09 03:26:55 EEST 2014
[quote=spinkb]Set the to: to be %user_emailFrom% variable.
[/quote]

Hi,

I have same issue. I am using crushLDAPGroup, and I am mapping default user as template.
I have set an event to send email on download activity:
[code]When a Share this user creates has this activity : Downloads
Always do the event : true
Do event immediately: true
To: %user_emailFrom%
[/code]

Test email works if I set specific address, but does not work, when variable %user_emailFrom% is set and I download files from share.

Using latest version.
Karolis @ Tue Sep 09 04:12:06 EEST 2014
Just noticed, that after HTTPS or SFTP download of shared file, download count does not increase when I check "Manage Shares" option. This might be the reason why emails are not sent.

Any insights?
spinkb @ Tue Sep 09 06:33:18 EEST 2014
Latest version is meaningless. We produce builds daily. You are never on the latest because we have just published a new build if you think you are.

Look at the info.xml file. Does it have the field you are trying to use? emailFrom ? That is what is being referenced with user_emailFrom.

The download count is related to the reports. Are they working?

Thanks,
Ben
Karolis @ Tue Sep 09 06:49:07 EEST 2014
Well, I have installed it yesterday so I assume it's latest one (Version 7.1.0 Build : 121)

I have searched whole CrushFTP directory for info.xml, but did not found one. Only Prefs.xml
and in it is says:
[code]
{user_email}
A user would like to share a file with you. This link will expire on {date} at {time} {web_link} <br>
File Share template
{user_name} is sharing a file with you

[/code]

What do you mean by "are reports working"? If I manually run reports, i get them generated no problem and I see file in question in them.
spinkb @ Tue Sep 09 06:56:11 EEST 2014
The info.xml happens when you right click, and share...its builds a temporary user in the TempAccount folder, and there you will find a info.xml file.

Thanks,
Ben
Karolis @ Tue Sep 09 06:59:10 EEST 2014
Yes, I do see correct email in , among other LDAP attributes from same user account.
(and it was INFO.XML rather than info.xml. Linux is case sensitive..)
spinkb @ Tue Sep 09 07:03:48 EEST 2014
Then those can be referenced in the event with %user_emailFrom% etc.

Is the event being triggered in the log?

Is it logging an error?

Is your event setup on your ldap template user so it applies to all the ldap users?

Thanks,
Ben
Karolis @ Tue Sep 09 07:10:26 EEST 2014
When shared file is access with generated (temp) account I do see entry in logs that this account logged in and has downloaded the file.

event is configured on "default" user.
Default user is applied AD users that are members of specific AD group (not all AD users).
I am logging in ant rying to test with user who is member of specified AD group.
Karolis @ Tue Sep 09 07:12:42 EEST 2014
Would there be difference if I enable "DOWNLOD" in Preferences -> Logging -> Log File Options -> Advanced?
Login to post a comment