Start a new topic

Two issues with CrushFTP 7.1.x after upgrading from CrushFTP 5.6

RonBishop @ Tue Jul 22 10:06:17 EEST 2014
Last week, I tried upgrading our CrushFTP from 5.6.x to latest version of CrushFTP on OS X 10.6 (downloaded Wednesday July 16th). Seemed to go very smoothly, except for two fairly large issues -

1) In CrushFTP 7.1.x, I could not email reports through our Exchange 2010 SP3 server. When testing I get a message, that CrushFTP could not authenticate. I am using the same authentication as before. Works perfectly in v. 5.6.0_125.

2) In CrushFTP 7.1.x, when logging in through HTTPS, some users would receive an error that no files were in their Home Directory. Logging in through FTP show'd the files and folders.

Sorry, I don't have the exact version of CrushFTP 7 listed. Since we only have the one server, I ended up uninstalling the CrushFTP 7 daemon and turning off CrushFTP 7. I turned on CrushFTP 5.6 and re-installed it's daemon. 5.6 continues to run smoothly.

Thanks.

spinkb @ Tue Jul 22 10:39:17 EEST 2014
1.) Delete your user/pass for the email. Then exchange will allow the connection. v5 always tried first with no auth, then tried auth. v6 and v7 just honor your auth settings, and they need to be blank.

2.) Do you have protocol restrictions for the users only allowing one protocol? Or max logins configured on the user?

Thanks,
Ben
RonBishop @ Tue Jul 22 11:18:15 EEST 2014
Thanks for the quick response. I will try these out when our production is down and post results
RonBishop @ Sat Jul 26 18:26:12 EEST 2014
[i]1.) Delete your user/pass for the email. Then exchange will allow the connection. v5 always tried first with no auth, then tried auth. v6 and v7 just honor your auth settings, and they need to be blank. [/i]

That corrected issue. I was able to email.

[i]2.) Do you have protocol restrictions for the users only allowing one protocol? Or max logins configured on the user? [/i]

No. Further testing revealed if I connected via any web browser, I have the issue. If I connect via Cyberduck to HTTPS, it works as expected.
spinkb @ Sat Jul 26 18:38:20 EEST 2014
What is logged then in the CrushFTP.log when you try HTTPS in the browser?

Are you able to get to the admin interface? If your saying a browser doesn't work, then how did you login as an admin and change your email settings?

Thanks,
Ben
RonBishop @ Sat Jul 26 19:26:21 EEST 2014
[i]What is logged then in the CrushFTP.log when you try HTTPS in the browser? [/i]

Sorry. I will get that for you tomorrow.

[i]Are you able to get to the admin interface? If your saying a browser doesn't work, then how did you login as an admin and change your email settings?[/i]

Yes, I can login as admin. i can login as the users, also. However, after successfully authenticating and logging in, there is a message that no files are available at root/ - no file/folder listing.

The files/folders show up when I connect via Cyberduck and the server is running CrushFTP 7. They also show up in a web browser when I'm serving with CrushFTP 5.6.
spinkb @ Sat Jul 26 19:28:58 EEST 2014
On 7.1, use Chrome.

Login, view the javascript console. What error does it have?

What are the filename sin this root folder? Special characters?

Thanks,
Ben
RonBishop @ Mon Jul 28 10:08:00 EEST 2014
Using CrushFTP 7.1.0_15
Clients using Chrome 33 on Mac and Chrome 36 on PC - and various other browsers.
There are no special names - the files and folders show when served from CrushFTP 5.6

[u]Here is from the Javascript Console -[/u]
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) https://transfer.gfsiinc.com/WebInterface/custom.css

event.returnValue is deprecated. Please use the standard event.preventDefault() instead. jquery-1.7.2.min.js:3
Solyom84 @ Mon Jul 28 11:53:33 EEST 2014
Hi, Ron.

You should definitely force a new update and see if that fixes the issue, because from build 15 we had some changes made to the way the sessions work, and that might have already solved your issue.

To update go to Admin>>ServerAdmin>>About tab click on the UpdateNow button.

Thanks,
Arpad.
RonBishop @ Mon Jul 28 13:38:58 EEST 2014
Updated to v 7.1.0_36 and have the same result
spinkb @ Mon Jul 28 13:40:11 EEST 2014
Email support at CrushFTP.com so we can assist further please.

Thanks,
Ben
RonBishop @ Mon Aug 04 11:37:55 EEST 2014
Thank you for resolving the issues. We switched over to CrushFTP 7.1.0_43 last week and it's been working very well. Really like the web interface.
Login to post a comment