Start a new topic

Files imported are corrupt and/or blank

lanepulcini @ Tue Jul 08 09:27:27 EEST 2014
This is the second time this has happened now (two different users), where files are being uploaded (in this case 16 of them) and show up as having 0KB of data in them (all 16 files). We then have a crushtask rename the file and then run a batch file after it's been renamed. I've checked the upload size of this particular session and it is indeed showing 160KB of data that was uploaded, so I'm pretty sure it's not a user actually uploading blank documents. My first question is which log can help us best find out where these files are becoming corrupt. FYI, we have users uploading documents the same way these particular documents were uploaded on a regular bases without issue. As stated before, this is only the second time I've seen it happen.

lanepulcini @ Tue Jul 08 09:36:05 EEST 2014
I'm sorry, actually, if I look at the "Upload Download Summary" report for these particular uploads, they show as 0 bytes in size. I was mistaken. BUT, this is the second user this has happened to so I'd like to know if there is anything we can do on our end for this not to happen? The users are most likely getting an "uploaded successfully", which is obviously false.
spinkb @ Tue Jul 08 09:52:29 EEST 2014
What exact CrushFTP version is this?

The CrushFTP.log is what you need to trace exactly what went on. And you may need the prefs, logging, debug level set to 1 as well.

Thanks,
Ben
spinkb @ Tue Jul 08 15:00:14 EEST 2014
I deleted your post. Do not post the log snippet here.

zip it, and email it to us directly.

Thanks,
Ben
spinkb @ Tue Jul 08 15:15:11 EEST 2014
But it won't matter also until you upgrade to 7.1. Your on an older build, granted you didn't know, but we just released 7.1 yesterday. Your copy will notify you within 7 days. But upgrade first now to see if you still have an issue, then get the log samples to send to us.

--Ben
Login to post a comment