Start a new topic

Move/Delete Files from Windows Server 2003

sinamotamedi @ Wed May 21 19:24:48 EEST 2014
I'm trying to setup a job that will find files on Server A and move them to Server B. We're running Crush on a separate server and the Crush service is running under a domain service account. I've given that service account full permission to the shares on both servers. It finds the files on Server A and copies them to Server B, but it doesn't move/delete the files off of Server A. I've tried both a MOVE task and a delete TASK and neither work.

I've tested it out and it works if it's moving files from a Windows Server 2008 machine, but I have experienced the same exact symptom with two separate Windows Server 2003 boxes. It will find and copy the files, but it won't delete them off the original server. To be more specific about the OS, the servers are Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 Enterprise Edition. Any ideas?

spinkb @ Wed May 21 22:57:21 EEST 2014
If you login as that domain account to the box, can you delete the files from the source?

Are there errors being logged in the CrushFTP.log file when it attempts the delete?

Thanks,
Ben
sinamotamedi @ Thu May 22 10:42:25 EEST 2014
The issue is resolved. I added the service account that Crush is running under to the Administrators group of the originating server and as soon as I did that and re-ran the job, the file was successfully moved and not just copied. This additional step is not necessary when running the same job for Windows Server 2008 or even Windows 7. But it's resolved so we'll document the process and apply it on future jobs as needed. Thanks for the direction!
Login to post a comment