Start a new topic

Folder Monitor Delete Directory ?

stevefnz @ Mon May 05 17:19:13 EEST 2014
HI
Can folder monitor delete the sub directories that are empty once the files are gone ?

i have it setup on a 90 day cycle but my data has individual sub folders by date under the main user data directory... monitor deletes the files correctly but leaves the empty sub folders

Is there a setting to remove empty sub directories ?

thanks

Solyom84 @ Mon May 05 17:22:48 EEST 2014
Hi, stevefnz

You can check the empty folders on the Folder Monitor setup, and in that case it will delete the subfolders as well, after the files are deleted.

Thanks,
Arpad.
stevefnz @ Mon May 05 17:38:30 EEST 2014
Hi arpad

yes i had that checked ...

only thing i didnt have checked is 'count folders when checking if empty"

so ive checked everything now

perhaps an explanation of what the options actually do would be great
Solyom84 @ Mon May 05 17:45:16 EEST 2014
You should check the following link:
http://www.crushftp.com/crush7wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Folder%20Monitor

I will try to get it updated by tomorrow.

Thanks,
Arpad.
stevefnz @ Wed May 07 19:24:03 EEST 2014
hi any update on this, i have everything checked and it wont delete the empty folders ?

Deletes the files fine

Thanks

Solyom84 @ Thu May 08 16:19:02 EEST 2014
Hi, stevefnz

Not sure on what exact CrushFTP version and build are you on, but on the never versions and build it definitely works.
On my test I did not check the Count folders when checking if empty, and it deleted the folders.
The issue you are thinking that is not deleting the folders is because at the first scan in your case after 90 days the files are deleted and on the second scan on your case after 180 days the folders are deleted as well.

You should try and set up another folder monitor process and delete only the empty folders after a shorter period like 20 minutes, see if that solves the issue.

Let us know.

Thanks,
Arpad.
stevefnz @ Thu May 08 17:20:21 EEST 2014
hi

CrushFTP is up to date (Version 7.0.2_156)

it worked when i added a second monitor on the same folder and just checked sub folders and empty folders , it deleted the empty folders all gd .. didn't seem to want to do it in the 'files delete' pass , but it works as a second monitor so all ok

just a question , how often does the monitor process run ? what is the trigger ?

Thanks

Stephen
Solyom84 @ Thu May 08 17:22:46 EEST 2014
The Folder monitor process is enabled every minutely.

Thanks,
Arpad.
Login to post a comment