Start a new topic

Temp Account Storage is KILLING ME!!!!

mtdurham @ Thu Feb 13 12:37:19 EET 2014
I am very new to CrushFTP but so far I love it! Very powerful.

I have about 180GB of data that I share a lot via the share files option. My server is Windows Server 2003 Standard Ed. My data is on a 300GB drive D: But, when I do a share that data wants to be copies over to the C:Program FilesCrushFTP_7CrushFTP7_PCTempAccountsstorage for EACH temp account. And my C: drive is only 80GB. This ain't good!

What can I do to stop this from happening? The temp accounts should not need to make their own copies of each file shared.

I am running version 7.0.2

Solyom84 @ Thu Feb 13 13:03:40 EET 2014
Hi, mtdurham.

You can go to the Admin>>Shares >>General settings and there yo can set the path for the Temporary folders and files, used for sharing.
If you share only files, and not folders at one time, you can create the share by reference, and then it won't duplicate any data. In the latest option if you share out a folder the users can get access to the files from the folder and see even the refreshed contents.
mtdurham @ Thu Feb 13 13:37:31 EET 2014
Yes, I do share folders and I do not see Share By Reference option.

I have a large collection of files and folders that I share with my customers only. I send them a 31 day temp account when they need access. No one but be has the ability to upload files to the server. I share one directory that has 180+GB in it. When I send the temp access, I use a customized email from within CrushFTP..

What is the best way to send a link to one folder with this much data in it and not have any duplication and still use the custom email?
spinkb @ Thu Feb 13 14:54:35 EET 2014
Go to your User Manager, default user, WebInterface section, customizations list. Set the default share mode to be "reference".

Now continue sharing as normal, and after 31 days from now, your TempAccounts folder will be virtually empty as the prior shares expire out.

mtdurham @ Thu Feb 13 16:02:58 EET 2014
Well... That looks like it works as I need it, not making copies of the shared files. You guys ROCK!!!

I have two other small problems;

1. It seems that the download basket does not download the files in it. If I remember correctly, using the basket allows you to not archive the files if you want.

2. When I try to run as a service, I get an error saying elevate.ext is not a WIN32 app.

spinkb @ Thu Feb 13 18:24:43 EET 2014
1.) Download basket. Click update now on your server to update it slightly. There was a build for a few hours one day that had the download advanced broken on the download basket. That is the method that allows downloading without using a zip for multiple items. It loads a java applet to do that.

2.) 32bit OS? We get this rarely...the fix is to open a DOS window as an admin.
cd to the CrushFTP folder, then the service folder.
java -jar wrapper.jar -i wrapper.conf

That should install. if it can't find "java", then try the full path to java which is probably something like:

"C:Program Files (x86)Javajre7injava.exe" -jar wrapper.jar -i wrapper.conf

mtdurham @ Thu Feb 13 20:30:21 EET 2014
1. fixed --- Thanks!

2. Got Error.

YAJSW: yajsw-stable-11.04
JVM : Oracle Corporation/1.7.0_51
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.rzo.yajsw.boot.WrapperExeBooter.main(
Caused by: java.lang.Error: Failed to create temporary file for jnidispatch library: Access is denied
at com.sun.jna.Native.loadNativeLibraryFromJar(
at com.sun.jna.Native.loadNativeLibrary(
at com.sun.jna.Native.(
at org.rzo.yajsw.WrapperExe.main(
... 5 more
spinkb @ Fri Feb 14 00:59:16 EET 2014
Did you run the DOS console as an admin user?

mtdurham @ Fri Feb 14 07:59:49 EET 2014
spinkb @ Fri Feb 14 08:27:17 EET 2014
Try this command line:

Make a folder called tmp in t he service folder.

cd to the service folder.

java -Djna_tmpdir=tmp -jar wrapper.jar -i wrapper.conf

That should tell it which temp folder to use an work.

mtdurham @ Fri Feb 14 11:26:38 EET 2014
Got it installed. Even though I was logged on as Administrator I still had to do Run As administrator to it to work. Said Installed.

Now I run CrushFTP and if I click on Start Deamon I get the same old error, elevate.exe is not a WIN32 app.

Shouldn't the server start/run automatically? Do I need to reboot?
spinkb @ Fri Feb 14 13:51:26 EET 2014
Since the auto tool isn't working...don't try it. Your machine won't allow elevate.exe to run for some reason.

The service is installed. Go to your OS services control panel, and start "CrushFTP Server".

The install adds the service but doesn't start it.

We are working on t he elevate.exe issue so that we can be more compatible.

mtdurham @ Fri Feb 14 20:41:43 EET 2014
You guys ROCK! Working perfectly!!!!!

Thanks for such great help and a great program!

Login to post a comment